» posted on Saturday, November 15th, 2008 at 2:25 pm
We have a dedicated group of people working hard to create scholarships for the bowling youth to go to college.
Here you’ll find information and point you to go to your counselor and ask for the application. And give them the ability to message for more information.
APPLICATION FOR SCHOLARSHIP
2009-2010 ACADEMIC YEAR
NAPA-SONOMA USBC ASSOCIATION
For High School seniors or College students under the age of 20 as of August 1st who have held a membership card in YABA or Youth USBC and participated in a “Junior Program” for no less than 3 years, within the Napa-Sonoma USBC Bowling Association’s jurisdiction. Prior recipients are not eligible.
Scholarships will be awarded to qualifying students graduating from accredited high schools and applying to Universities, Colleges, or Trade Schools as a full time student.
- Applicant should use the official Scholarship form, if possible. They must be dated and signed by the student. Typewritten applications and statements are preferred over handwritten submissions and must be signed in all instances.
- The applicant shall be enrolling as a full time student for the Fall term of 2011.
- Official high school transcript of student grades from the beginning of the 9th grade to due date of application may be photocopies that bear the original signature of the proper school authority. College students include current transcript of all college grades. Grade point of 2.5 or higher is required.
- The applicant shall prepare a statement of no less than 300 words, setting forth his or her vocational or professional goal and relate how these goals are achievable.
- Two letters of endorsement from a responsible school or community person. These persons should not be related to the applicant. Letter may cover applicant’s ability, work habits, leadership, personality and integrity. Each letter should be dated and signed, and no more than one page in length.
- Copies of achievement exhibits in scholarship, leadership, all athletics including bowling, dramatics, or community service, may be attached. Avoid being repetitious.
- Small head photograph of self, if available, appreciated.
- After completing application make a photocopy for your records. All applications become the property of the Napa-Sonoma USBC Association and shall not be returned.
- Carefully double check all transcripts, statements and endorsements for signatures and all have been included with your application.
- Mail completed application on or before April 01, 2010 to:
Napa-Sonoma USBC Association
Beverly Creech, Scholarship Chairman
PO Box 5216
Napa, California 94581
Applicants will be notified of determination via mail within 60 days.
Contact Bev Creech at 707-253-0695 Monday thru Friday 10:00a.m. to 5:30p.m. – 707-254-7472 evenings or Kevin Mecham at 224-3460 Tuesday thru Saturday 10:00a.m. to 6:00p.m. if you have any questions regarding this scholarship or form.